The BuddEEs Program is an ECE Ph.D. Peer Mentoring program started by Linda Gong in 2019. Incoming Ph.D. students are matched with a current ECE Ph.D. student who acts as a resource and mentor.
- Promote inclusivity and sense of community in the ECE department
- Provide an approachable source for support and institutional knowledge for new students
- Create bonds between students of different incoming cohorts
- Develop leadership skills
- Personal growth and sense of fulfillment
- Build a social and professional network
- Opportunity to volunteer
We host events and mixers throughout the year to encourage students to get to know each other.